Growth Marketing Manager (remote, UK-based)
Location: Remote, mainly UK based, as travel to our London hub will be required once a month.
Working at Ably means helping to build the infrastructure and technology that will power and shape the future of the internet. Chatting on WhatsApp, hailing an Uber, asking Alexa what the weather will be like tomorrow, working in the same Google Doc as your colleague: all of these things rely on complex, behind-the-scenes realtime infrastructure. That’s what Ably provides for companies like HubSpot, Toyota Racing Development, OfferUp, and Hopin.
We now live in a remote-first world where realtime digital interactions underpin our daily lives. In the near future, Autonomous Vehicles, IoT devices (e.g. connected fridges or environment sensors), and AI-powered experiences will be the norm. But new infrastructure is required to power it all.
The opportunity in front of us is immense. Our mission is to become the definitive realtime infrastructure of the internet while powering and accelerating adoption of realtime user experiences. We’re on track. Everyday we deliver billions of realtime messages to more than 200 million people in 80 different countries across web, mobile, and IoT platforms. But we can’t rest yet. In five years we want to reach one billion people everyday.
To see what life’s like at Ably, check out our careers page at https://ably.com/careers and read the story of how Ably's core values came to be.
In this role
We are looking for an experienced B2B SaaS high-tech Growth Marketing Manager to join our team and make an immediate impact across all of our Demand Generation programs, activities and campaigns as we continue our rapid growth. As part of a small team, this role will give the right candidate the opportunity to dive deep into all aspects of proactive integrated campaigns to a well-defined set of personas and companies through paid and earned channels and activities focusing on creating engagement converting into measurable pipeline as we accelerate our growth and trajectory.
This role will have company-wide visibility and impact as you’ll collaborate closely with Product Marketing, DevRel, Sales, Customer Success, and the broader Marketing team.
Day to day, you will:
Along with your team...
- Plan, build, execute, follow-up, optimise and report on campaigns and activities to contribute to pipeline creation through paid and earned tactics to well defined targeted personas and accounts
- Oversee Marketing content editorial calendar to align to new capabilities being launched and new themes or topics relevant to our key audiences through integrated campaign execution
- Develop strategies for both acquiring and re-engaging leads that drive awareness, consideration and purchase intent across all channels including paid media, email nurturing, webinars, paid programs and virtual events
- Virtual and field demand gen events to raise company and solution awareness and generate engaged qualified leads from sponsoring, speaking and marketing opportunities
- Full responsibility for digital marketing: display, prospecting, retargeting, remarketing, Search Marketing, syndication and peer reviews with agency support where needed
- Have a strong understanding and focus around ABM campaigns to proactively land in high intent and right profile accounts
- Proactively partner with our sales teams and sales development managers to ensure seamless interactions for lead follow-up, lead development and account penetration
- Align and manage Marketing’s frugal budget with overall Sales and Marketing models and constantly identify new approaches, optimization tests, tactics and growth opportunities for efficient growth, better lifetime value and lower CAC across Marketing Qualified Leads MQL production and conversation
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 5 years of B2B demand generation or campaigns marketing with demonstrated lead, pipeline and revenue growth, preferably in enterprise high-tech SaaS
- Deep demand gen functional knowledge and experience with modern MarTech stack methods and tooling, including ABM strategies, experience with Hubspot is ideal
- Analytically-driven decision maker, strong attention to detail with the ability to capture and share key data and insights and use data to drive key marketing strategies and decisions
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills focussed including engaging email and digital ad copy
- Extremely organized with excellent project and time management skills
- A self-starter that can work with minimal direction to get the job done perfectly as an individual contributor while leading and managing a small team
What’s it like to work at Ably?
Ably is entering a new phase of growth led by an experienced senior team. You’ll be part of a successful, highly motivated, and extremely collaborative team.
To provide the infrastructure required for the next generation of the internet, to tell the world about it, and to support everyone inside Ably to do so we hire people who are ready and capable of taking on challenging problems in a high-growth environment.
We want to work in a company of inclusive people who treat each other well. To really thrive at Ably, you’ll need to believe in and be prepared to do your work in line with our values, which are:
Open for all. Open is a mindset. When open, we’re better collaborators, communicators and creators. Whether open source, standards, or protocols, open hearts, minds, and eyes. It’s better when it’s open.
Bias for action. We avoid analysis paralysis at all costs. We lean into doing in order to move us forward. When we have enough of what we need to act, we act.
Even the best do better. We want to be the best - but that doesn’t mean we rest when we are. Improvement and growth - true betterment - is an ongoing journey. One fuelled by curiosity and taking risks.
Technology needs humanity. Our technology means little without people - whether that’s how we treat our colleagues, or how we design developer experiences. Being human matters.
Dependable people make dependable things. Dependability is integral to our mission and technology, but being dependable starts with our people. When we care enough to take real ownership of our products and problems - all else will follow.
Bold creativity leads to the greatest rewards. When viewed through a different lense, what stands in the way can become the way. The bigger the challenge the easier the choice: bold creativity will always move us forward, create better outcomes, and set us apart.
What’s in it for you?
- A good, competitive salary
- A great company culture
- Share options
- The chance to learn and grow with a fast-moving company, supported by a learning budget that gives you access to professional training, events, conferences, workshops etc.
- Remote first: Unless you want to pop into our communal office space in Shoreditch, London, you'll work from home most of the time, apart from when we have planning sessions and Summits
- Your choice of high quality tech kit to work on
- Home workstation set up budget of £500, plus an annual top-up of £250
- Regular company away days and social events
- Friday need-to-know drinks and snacks
- Private health insurance, including Doctor@Hand
- Access to private and confidential coaching or counselling via Sanctus
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme with AXA
- A monthly wellbeing budget with Juno
- Company contributions towards your pension
- 25 days of paid annual leave (33 days including bank holidays)
- 10 days of paid sick leave (including mental health days) per year
- Dog friendly office for when you’re in the office!
If you enjoy working as part of a technology company, value open source, and love solving hard problems - then we’d love to hear from you, regardless of whether you fit the spec exactly or not. If in doubt, drop us an email; we’d be more than happy to give you some advice on your application.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion.