Partner & Alliance Manager (remote, UK-based)
Location: Remote, preferably UK as you’ll need to visit the London office occasionally
Working at Ably means helping to build the infrastructure and technology that will power and shape the future of a digital world where realtime interactions underpin our personal and professional daily lives. Chatting on WhatsApp, hailing an Uber, asking Alexa what the weather will be like tomorrow, collaborating in the same Google Doc: all of these things rely on complex, behind-the-scenes realtime infrastructure. That’s what Ably provides for companies like HubSpot, Toyota Racing Development, OfferUp, and Hopin.
The opportunity in front of us is immense. Our mission is to become the definitive realtime infrastructure of the internet while powering and accelerating adoption of realtime user experiences. Ably is on track: everyday we deliver billions of realtime messages to more than 100 million people in 80 different countries across web, mobile, and IoT platforms. But we can’t rest yet. In a couple of years we want to reach one billion people everyday through the same and new channels.
To see what life’s like at Ably, check out our careers page at ably.com/careers.
Read the story of how Ably's core values came to be.
In this role
Ably is growing, and we’re looking to hire a Partner & Alliance Manager to help build out our strategy in the enterprise accounts space by developing partner relationships with technology players, such as AWS.
This position requires a deep understanding of the way enterprise customers work with technology partners to procure infrastructure services.
The role will report directly to the Chief Revenue Officer and, working closely with our Sales and Marketing teams, will be focused on driving revenue through a set of technology & business partners.
Day to day, you will:
- Drive revenue through & with partners, and enable them to deliver Ably services to their end customers. This will require:
- Identifying and cultivating strategic partners
- Developing business plans and performance metrics with partners
- Planning and executing go-to-market plans with partners
- Collaborate with other Ably technical resources to enable our partners, and work with customers who need development and consulting support to find the right match among our consulting partners, make introductions and ensure that projects run smoothly.
- Organise and lead Quarterly Business Reviews with external partners.
You will have:
- 5+ years in partner sales and/or alliance development in the software/technology industry
- Demonstrated experience working and communicating with multiple stakeholders and cross functional teams including direct and channel marketing, solution architect teams, product management and account management teams
- Strong understanding of AWS and cloud services, cloud architecture and infrastructure, API ecosystem, and ideally publish/subscribe messaging
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences
- Strong organisational skills and attention-to-detail with the ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What’s it like to work at Ably?
Ably is entering a new phase of growth led by an experienced senior team. You’ll be part of a successful, highly motivated, and extremely collaborative team.
To provide the infrastructure required for the next generation of the internet, to tell the world about it, and to support everyone inside Ably to do so, we hire people who are ready and capable of taking on challenging problems in a high-growth environment.
We want to work in a company of inclusive people who treat each other well. To thrive at Ably, you’ll need to believe in and be prepared to do your work in line with our values:
Open for all. Open is a mindset. When open, we’re better collaborators, communicators and creators. Whether open source, standards, or protocols, open hearts, minds, and eyes. It’s better when it’s open.
Bias for action. We avoid analysis paralysis at all costs. We lean into doing in order to move us forward. When we have enough of what we need to act, we act.
Even the best do better. We want to be the best - but that doesn’t mean we rest when we are. Improvement and growth - true betterment - is an ongoing journey. One fuelled by curiosity and taking risks.
Technology needs humanity. Our technology means little without people - whether that’s how we treat our colleagues, or how we design developer experiences. Being human matters.
Dependable people make dependable things. Dependability is integral to our mission and technology, but being dependable starts with our people. When we care enough to take real ownership of our products and problems - all else will follow.
Bold creativity leads to the greatest rewards. When viewed through a different lense, what stands in the way can become the way. The bigger the challenge the easier the choice: bold creativity will always move us forward, create better outcomes, and set us apart.
What’s in it for you?
- A good, competitive salary
- A great company culture
- Share options
- The chance to learn and grow with a fast-moving company, supported by a learning budget that gives you access to professional training, events, conferences, workshops etc.
- Remote first: Unless you want to pop into our communal office space in Shoreditch, London, you'll work from home most of the time, apart from when we have planning sessions and summits
- Your choice of high quality tech kit to work on
- Home workstation set up
- Dog friendly office for when you’re in the office!
- Regular company away days and social events
- Friday need-to-know drinks and snacks
- Health insurance, including Doctor@Hand
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A monthly wellbeing budget with Juno
- Cycle to work
- Company contributions towards your pension
- 25 days of paid annual leave (33 days including bank holidays)
If you enjoy working as part of a technology company, value open source, and love solving hard problems - then we’d love to hear from you, regardless of whether you fit the spec exactly or not. If in doubt, drop us an email; we’d be more than happy to give you some advice on your application.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion.