Senior MarketingOps Manager (remote, UK-based)
Location: Remote, preferably UK based, as you will be expected to travel to the London office on average once a month
Working at Ably means helping to build the infrastructure and technology that will power and shape the future of a digital world where realtime interactions underpin our personal and professional daily lives. Chatting on WhatsApp, hailing an Uber, asking Alexa what the weather will be like tomorrow, collaborating in the same Google Doc: all of these things rely on complex, behind-the-scenes realtime infrastructure. That’s what Ably provides for companies like HubSpot, Toyota Racing Development, OfferUp, and Hopin.
The opportunity in front of us is immense. Our mission is to become the definitive realtime infrastructure of the internet while powering and accelerating adoption of realtime user experiences. Ably is on track: everyday we deliver billions of realtime messages to more than 100 million people in 80 different countries across web, mobile, and IoT platforms. But we can’t rest yet. In a couple of years we want to reach one billion people everyday through the same and new channels.
To see what life’s like at Ably, check out our careers page at ably.com/careers.
In this role
We are looking for a seasoned MarketingOps Manager to join our team and make an immediate impact across the business as we continue our rapid growth. As part of a small team, this role will give the right candidate the opportunity to own, operate and optimise the entire MarTech stack with all its aspects as a foundation for scale and growth at an exciting B2B Enterprise SaaS company.
This role will have company-wide visibility and impact as you’ll collaborate closely with Sales, Customer Success, and the broader Marketing team.
You'll be directly responsible for our Marketing and Sales systems centred around HubSpot and the trusted resource for the company to operate, build, run, optimise and enable the execution of all Marketing tactics and campaigns.
Similarly, you’ll work closely with Sales to build, scale and operate all CRM functions from SQL to closed-won opportunities and subsequent renewal and expansion of SaaS opportunity.
You will be measured on your ability to ensure smooth operation and continuous improvement of our overall MarTech stack which underpins the effectiveness of our organic and proactive demand gen efforts as well as sales operations.
Day to day, you will:
- Smooth day-to-day operations of our Marketing backend system including all upstream systems of engagements connected to it: forms, website, free trial, webinar, digital, demand gen, data quality and enrichment; as well as downstream systems: analytics and business intelligence
- Similarly, smooth day-to-day operation of our Hubspot CRM and others sales tools and business systems, and the interaction between marketing and sales
Continuously improve the way systems inter-operate with each other, provide the ability for the Marketing team to execute their campaigns at speed and at scale developing templates and cookie-cutting solutions for repetitive tasks while supporting their evolving requirements
- Work across Sales and Marketing to maintain and remedy lead routing and assignment; and likewise, data quality, integrity and segmentation
- Tune and maintain all key functionalities supporting our lead scoring and lifecycle, account-based automation, nurture streams, etc...
- Translate new business needs into actual system implementations to enhance our overall MarTech solution
- Manage the Marketing Automation areas of HubSpot – workflows, scoring rules, instrumentation for reporting, lead handling and reporting. Work with Sales to make sure that processes that cross both the Marketing Automation and CRM are coordinated and effective
The ideal candidate will:
- You should have deep hands-on knowledge of modern marketing and CRM systems and approach (workflows, scoring, segmentation, forms, etc...), a minimum 5+ year Marketing in B2B marketing
- You have Sales and Marketing automation experience (Marketo, Eloqua, SalesForce) with minimum 2 years of super-user HubSpot experience shaping its impact and value from a Marketing and Sales business perspective
- You believe in using data to analyze all aspects of Marketing performance, find areas that need attention and surface that information to appropriate stakeholders
- You've got an inquisitive mind, and love the challenge of figuring out how things work, improving them when they do, fixing them fast when they don’t
- You should feel comfortable pushing back when requests don’t fit with company priorities while being highly collaborative
What’s it like to work at Ably?
Ably is entering a new phase of growth led by an experienced senior team. You’ll be part of a successful, highly motivated, and extremely collaborative team.
To provide the infrastructure required for the next generation of the internet, to tell the world about it, and to support everyone inside Ably to do so we hire people who are ready and capable of taking on challenging problems in a high-growth environment.
We want to work in a company of inclusive people who treat each other well. To really thrive at Ably, you’ll need to believe in and be prepared to do your work in line with our values, which are:
Open for all. Open is a mindset. When open, we’re better collaborators, communicators and creators. Whether open source, standards, or protocols, open hearts, minds, and eyes. It’s better when it’s open.
Bias for action. We avoid analysis paralysis at all costs. We lean into doing in order to move us forward. When we have enough of what we need to act, we act.
Even the best do better. We want to be the best - but that doesn’t mean we rest when we are. Improvement and growth - true betterment - is an ongoing journey. One fuelled by curiosity and taking risks.
Technology needs humanity. Our technology means little without people - whether that’s how we treat our colleagues, or how we design developer experiences. Being human matters.
Dependable people make dependable things. Dependability is integral to our mission and technology, but being dependable starts with our people. When we care enough to take real ownership of our products and problems - all else will follow.
Bold creativity leads to the greatest rewards. When viewed through a different lense, what stands in the way can become the way. The bigger the challenge the easier the choice: bold creativity will always move us forward, create better outcomes, and set us apart.
What’s in it for you?
- A good, competitive salary
- A great company culture
- Share options
- A remote first company. Unless you want to pop into our communal office space in Shoreditch, London, you'll work from home most of the time, apart from when we have planning sessions/Summits which happen on average once a month.
- Your choice of high quality tech kit to work on
- Health insurance, including Doctor@Hand
- Employee Assistance Programme
- ClassPass membership
- Cycle to work
- Regular company away days and social events
- Friday need-to-know drinks and snacks
- Ongoing professional development (training, events, conferences), including an assigned budget
- 25 days of paid annual leave (33 days including bank holidays)
- Company contributions towards your pension
If you enjoy working as part of a technology company, value open source, and love solving hard problems - then we’d love to hear from you, regardless of whether you fit the spec exactly or not. If in doubt, drop us an email; we’d be more than happy to give you some advice on your application.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion.